Car overheated and now won't start.

Sorry it is a 16V.  So all you did was clean the grounds.
Don

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of L F
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 8:34 AM
To: dswalterwi; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Car overheated and now won't start.

Don,
  My MkII acted the same way from the day I bought it.  Six months
later, after being advised by the list and doing some experimentation on
my own (including a revealing test involving two batteries; one doing
nothing but driving the starter), I CLEANED ALL THE GROUNDS AND REPLACED
ALL THE QUESTIONABLE CABLES.
 Problem solved....instant start.

The fact that this started just after the overheating episode may have
been only a coincidence...possibly the RAIN had more to do with the
condition you find the car in than the overheating.....?

Your 'Roc wouldn't be an eight-va.....oh, never mind.
:)

Larry