[tech Report] 5.75 round headlights.. an option to other thanHella solution

Awesome! You are the man Patrick! So, these lights (option 2) are only $10 for the lense and casing? Not too shabby! And the bulbs you use, what do they run and are they an ebay item or something you have to order from some site? Do you need a 90amp alt to run them? Seems like if you were driving with your highbeams on and the radio going and stuff like heater/wipers, etc, that'd put a whole lot of strain on the system. Got a website for Autopal? I'll be interested to see if there's any melting/warping issues later on. At that price, do they sell lights to replace stock mk2 lights as well?

Dan

ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Let me advise that during my tests I only use 2 types of bulbs. The low/high
beam Bulbs is a Sylvania UK Rallye 100/130w high-power clear bulbs that
produces alot of heat and light and the high beam is a H3 Sylvania UK Rally
130w bulb. Why use these instead of traditional, simple those are the one I
used in my square Euro lights without a single issue before converting to
quad-rounds.

My second attempt is with AUTOPAL (
) lenses, 10$/ea all
glass lens, and all steel back plating, (much like Hellas perhaps a little
thinner metal - please note this is a finger feel I did not put a micrometer
to it), right away when you handle the lens assembly you know these lenses
is not DOT approved (no indication it is DOT approved).

First impression (only had these lights in for a few days now) is the
pattern of light, is much better than the crystal lights by far (better line
cut on the upper part of light dispersal, keeping the light on the road
where you want it, and not all over the place. I will update this in about
1-2 weeks time to see if there are issues with these lenses.

I hope this was informative to anyone who care to read it all the way down.