Crank Plugs

Well i finished off drill the plug out of my crank shaft unfourntly i don't have a good 9/32 drill bit so i need to go get one. They came out pretty easy. I used 3 different drill bit sizes. So that helped. The machine shop told me they would rather let me do that, as they belive it was a SS ball bearing plugging the hole. Hey does anyone know if M8x1mm is the tap for those threded plus from techtonics? I tried screwing the pluf threw and it only goes 1/2 - 3.4 of the way then get tough to tighten. Not sure if i have the right tap (dont think so). Unless they mad those like that on purpose to have a really tight fit.

SHawn F