All Things Scirocco

OK, this is one of those really short payoff with lots of reading to get
there so if you're going to reply, please trim the post.  :])

In the newsgroup Rec.Arts.Movies.Past-Films the following occurred:

[Godfather II: What was the plan in killing... [SPOILER]?]

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:31:35 -0700, "Bob Flaminio" <bob@flaminio.com>
wrote:

> > >Watched GF2 again -- one of my favorite movies. But something always
> > >bugs me about it...
> > >
> > >Michael wants Roth killed when he returns from Israel, at the Miami
> > >airport. Tom Hagen cautions that he will be surrounded by FBI and other
> > >officials and therefore unreachable. Michael asks his other associate,
> > >who replies "Difficult... Not impossible." Great, so the hit is on.
> > >
> > >When Roth arrives in Miami, after answering a question from the media, a
> > >hit man steps up and shoots Roth point blank, killing him. He then
> > >attempts to run away, but is promptly gunned down by the feds.
> > >
> > >This was their great plan? I suppose the difficult element might be
> > >finding a hit man willing to give his life to the Corleone family, but
> > >it seems they could have come up with something better than to rush the
> > >guy, shoot, and then die.
> > >
> > >Anyone out there (Francis?) have a comment on this?
> > >--
> > >Bob

THEN

FINALLY, Scott Munro wrote: