full thottle switch - how ammeters work

thank you dan, and now I understand it was indeed my confusion causing the
dumb questions.

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco
=>Subject: Re: full thottle switch - how ammeters work
=>
=>
=>Patrick:
=>I wasn't mad at you. It's just that sometimes these posts get so far from
=>the original issue that you have to yell to get your point through!
=>So, I was kind of yelling to make it through all the informative
=>posts that
=>had nothing to do with your situation.
=>
=>Yes, you measure mA to set the fuel mixture. But, ONLY on CIS-E! i.e. 16V
=>Sciroccos. CIS-E is completely different, in an electrical sense, from
=>CIS-lambda.
=>CIS-E you measure mA. (16V Sciroccos)
=>CIS-lambda you measure dwell. (8V Sciroccos with O2 sensor)
=>CIS-E controls fuel pressure in the lower chambers using a differential
=>pressure regulator that receives a continous current to control a valve.
=>Adjusting current through the valve determines fuel flow through the valve
=>and the pressure in the lower chamber.
=>CIS-lambda controls fuel pressure in the lower chambers using a frequency
=>valve. The frequency valve receives a pulsed current (pulsed from
=>full on to
=>full off probably around 30-60 hz) and the % time that the current is on
=>determines flow through the valve and therefore pressure in the lower
=>chamber.
=>Probably more info than you wanted, but save the mA stuff for the 16V
=>Sciroccos.
=>Dan
=>