full thottle switch - how ammeters work

I UNDERSTAND why the fuse blows out (not a complete idiot)

but when I state (in my original message that started this long string of
[JOKE]"MY father is a better electrician than your father"[/JOKE]
when I put the multimeter in mA mode and put the leads to the wired of the
test leads i blows the fuse, but I can get voltage just fine.
and someone replied, your supposed to read miliamps not milivolts on that
test lead. (which never really answered the question " is DWELL miliamps or
milivolts" because if I am blowing my fuse with setting my multimeter in mA
I am sure it will blow the fuse when I put it in DWELL reading mode.)

I understand DWELL should be abouts 45-50% (depending whom you talk to) and
I do I love the long string of messages btw,
but all I want is a simple answer not an course in electronica 101.

geeez ..

and toby, the paperclip in the socket, actually does not always blow the
fuse, but if your holding the paperclip with your bare hands, your grounding
the circuit wuith your body and that is why you get voltage and amperage
through your arm , and if the amperage is strong enough it can stop your
heart, the voltage...can simply burn your skin and hair on the arm. (seen my
father touch a cathode tube one day trying to fix the tv... I do understand
how it works.. ahahahaha, firt and only man I saw fly across a room, going
backwards.)

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco