4x6 Projector Beams

Hey Patrick,

No relays, I just slapped em in as they came, to evaluate their basic worth as a cheap upgrade/alternative to H4s.  True glass H4s are probably a much better bet for someone wanting tons of wattage.  The setup came with 90/100W HID wannabe, "Xenon" blue bulbs.  Thats what I stuck in there.  If it starts melting, I'll call and bitch, cause thats what bulbs they send with the kit.

Plus, the Pickups use a totally different headlight switch, extremely beefy and I have yet to hear of one melting down from too much current, like our plastic rocco switches will....if I relayed, it would only be to try and circumvent old wiring and get full available voltage to the lights, not to protect the circuit in any way.  That said, I probably won't relay.

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg

--- "ATS - Patrick Bureau" <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Eric,

The pictures are nice, but I do have a question is your headlight relayed ?
and what bulbs are you using. I am considering these headlights, but I would
be using 100/130w UK Rallye lights with relayed wiring, and the last set of
"crystal clear" plastic headlights started melting due to the heat produced
by the bulbs.

What would be your setup ?