Warning lights?

well there is actually 2 pressure senders, one is on the oil flange (low
pressure) and one is on the side of the head (high pressure), gauges are
usually connected to the high end pressure gauge, and the other one is
usually the one on the oil blinker ( pressure too low warning light) (JH
Engine)  I would change both before you do anything else, just to make sure.

But I can tell you that the oil pump probably needs to be changed. 1997 ->
2003 = 6 years average 24K/year = 144K miles on that pump, they are only
rated at 75K miles. and my numbers are conservative.

changing oil pump is pretty straight forward, drop oil pan, get a new
rubberized oil gasket while your at it, and pop that oil pump out.

btw if you have mechanical head, get the 36mm oil pump (the one for
hydraulic lifters) why? because its an upgrade that is a bolt on, and gets
plenty of oil in the head.. been using one for year now and never had a
problem (see tech notes on web site)

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco