Blown shock?

Jeff,

I am the one that made the original claim that the BOGE Gas and the Gabriel VST are the same.

I got to compare them side by side at a local parts store, the manufacturing numbers where identical (stamped in the housing). As was the outward contruction, the only difference that I could find physically was the color of the paint.

I measured the piston stroke, diameter, weld points (compared) and all matched.That and the exact part number (manufacturing number) was on the Boge and the Gabriel.

I have run mine for 2 years and not had a problem and I have a 1.5 drop.

All manufacturers outsource and this is a good example. That and at $25 for the Gabriel with a lifetime warranty I can stand to replace them every 3 to 5 year (for free). And the ole well you won't have to do that with Bilstein doesn't float, if they go bad and they will eventually you still have to take them off and send them in to be repaired. But while you are waiting for Bilstein to repair them I am already on the road cause the local parts store had mine in stock.

Brian Wagner

Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey, Patrick -

I've seen you mention these numerous times. Have you been able to back up
your claim that they're made by the same people as Boge? Or the same mfg
tolerances? whatever it is...

Also, I've never known a set of Boge's to last more than a year or two on
lowered springs when driving is reasonably spirited...

How long have you had yours? thx, JT