R2D2 power steering noises

Check the clockspring for proper lubrication.  At the steering wheel/steering column interface there is a small spring that brings power to the sterring wheel for the horn.  The spring is actually on the column and it rubs against the contact ring on the back of the steering wheel.  When the grease gets old and dry, it will squeak.  Pull the steering wheel and check it.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner