  From: Dan Bubb
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 9:48 AM
  Subject: Finally running

  Today after 1 year, 1 month, and 12 days of effort and more money than I want to admit the POS 16V Scirocco I bought will finally be licensed and road worthy. It didn't seem so bad when I bought it, but I was soon to learn.
  There was no repair done to this car that didn't take 3 times the effort I would have spent on my 84.
  Out of the two engines I bought in the deal I just barely had enough parts to make a running one.
  The tranny was grinding alittle going into 3rd and 4th. Simple fix? Nope. The R & P had broken teeth.
  Brakes? Replaced everything but the front calipers.
  I could go on.
  Cathy calls her car the Headache, I call this car the Nightmare!
  It's still pathetic compared to my 84 but it's roadworthy and I'm going to drive the wee out of it.
  The good news?
  I now have a 16V so my nose is almost as high in the air as Larry's!
  Dan