Strange running 16v

The car at times, if I try to accellerate, will run up in RPM slowly with
very little power. Especially in first gear. After reaching 2500 rpm it
seems to clear up and I have power again.

1) if I used an 8v fuel filter would this cause the problem? (its smaller in
diameter)
2) could this be a fuel pump problem? The buzzing sound does not sound
constant, but fluctuates slightly.
3) When the pump was dying, I swapped ICU's. The numbers were not the same
but they looked similar, could this be my source of trouble?

TIA guys

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer
www.menloparkrandd.com
www.montgomeryweb.org
Amsterdam NY

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general