rieger autox #3

ok, so i go to hop in the rieger for the autox today. praying mantis on rear
fender. no biggie, brush him off, he lands on ground. i get to autox (10
minutes at 80 on highway 26), and...:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-115523-Z16.jpg
man, i wonder what the g-forces were in that rear wheel. for the first time
in my life i saw an actual "dizzy mantis". man, it was a funny sight. thing
looked drunk.

before event started, rieger got some attention:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-140957-Z37.jpg
(it almost looks like it likes it, doesnt it)

flying teeth:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-122916-Z33.jpg

rain:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-151351-Z30.jpg
(poo)

rieger in action:
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-152850-Z27.jpg
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-152908-Z27.jpg

rieger in sideways action (hard to tell here, but notice cones behind me):
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-154838-Z48.jpg
(you knew it was bound to happen)

rieger going too fast for the photographer (david winchells wife):
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-154858-Z48.jpg
daves wife took the pics while david got dv-video of all of my runs. once i
get the vids i'll post em.

david winchells red 16v (soon to be recipient of a 2.0 16v):
http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/h-scca%20auto-x/images/030914-163320-Z10.jpg

rieger did well. took first in PSM (kinda-sorta fun-run class that they
whipped up half way through the event). my times (roundabouts):

37 (very wet first lap, slow on purpose)
31
30
28.5
28.123