filter flange and oil cooler seal... VICTORY IS MINE!!!!

Well, after putting 2 gallons of oil (?!!!???!?!) in my roc last night, I am the victor.  I successfully put in the new seal.  I started it up, CLICKITY CLICKITY smoothed out once oil was circulated.  Went around front to see is there was any leaking, and no leaks.  Just oil spewing EVERYWHERE!  AAHHHHH!!!!!  Checked top of cooler, no oil.  Drained oil pan.  Removed filter.  Looked at filter.  No filter gasket!!  Checked bottom of oil cooler.  NO FILTER GASKET!!!  I distinctly remember putting fresh oil on the gasket before putting filter on.  It is now the Case of the Vanishing Gasket.  I go to store, get new filter and more oil (2nd 5 quart bottle).  Redo filter and refill oil.  Start it up.  No runs, no drips, no errors.  So where's the f'ing gasket from the other filter??!?!??  I find it in the pan that I drain oil into. (!!)  I guess, after lubbing the seal, when I laid down under the car, the gasket fell off the filter.  I've never seen this happen (and this is with 6+ years
 working at a gas station that does oil changes).  NEVER!  Anyway, drove it to work today (50 miles) and had no problems.  Ran a little warm, but it still needs a little more coolant.

Lesson learned: Always make sure that damn f'ing seal is there right before I screw the filter on.

Stranger things have happened?  There's proof!

Mike
'86 red 16v
 ps.  it was a 27mm nut.  need a new tool box, mine's getting full!

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source