Odometer repair (thanks Fox in the box)

Well I just completed my odometer repair, well almost completed. Thanks to Fox in the Box for the good write up.  It was fairly easy.  The hardest part was unhooking the electrical harness in the back of the rpm gauge.  Too my extreme disappointment I manage to cause a tear in the flex circuit board.  I'm hoping I can put some tape on there and hopefully tape it close enough for it to make electrical connection. The tear is in the very corner and goes over 2 circuits.  Or maybe it didn't cut anything that important like the up shift indicator or the high beam indicator.  Sigh.... I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6