From: "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu>
To: "Ryan H" <rhock99@epix.net>
Cc: "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 12:46 AM
Subject: Re: 12V ignition wire needed...

> Ryan,
>
> I don't get it. Why not just use the existing wire from the ignition
> switch to the coil?
>
> -Toby
>
> On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Ryan H wrote:
>
> > > use the coil power supply line.
> > > Al
> >
> > Sorry, guess you missed my follow-up:  I'm trying to use a source inside
the car for two reasons: 1.) the wiring is already there, so I don't have to
run a long wire through the firewall.  2.) In the future I will be using a
MSD coil and ignition, which puts out some crazy voltage from the "+"
terminal, that would fry the unit I'm using (which I will still be using
even with the MSD ignition for features it controls besides ignition
control).