From: Dan Smith
To: E.Noval ; Dave Ewing
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: cv joints

While we're on the subject of cv joints, my 84 rocc needs an outer pass. side. The boot has been torn for awhile now, but no clicking noise yet. I have an axle for the driver's side, which is shorter but I was wondering if I could swap CV joints. This will be done by a mechanic because the tools I would need to do it myself cost $80 and the mechanic is charging around $100. What's the most cost effective way to do this? Give him my driver's axle to swap, buy a new cv joint or buy a whole new pass. axle?

Dan