wheel base/diam (for snows)

Wow, cool site. I've been wondering a similiar thing. I'm looking for snow tires and I know narrow is better. How narrow can I get on a set of 14x6 rims? (They're those Audi spoked ones) I'm thinking good snows in the back and studs up front. Maybe a narrower tire in the front would be better? Studs all around? We don't use salt here and the sun melts most of the stuff on the roads during the day, but then it freezes into a sheet at night. Also, we'll get dumped on now and then with lots of powder but usually it's not too bad.

Dan

Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com> wrote:
Ed,
While avoiding work yesterday, I ran across this:
http://www.type53.com/wheels/index.html
HTH,
Mike

"E.Noval" wondered:

What is the largest size tire/wheel you can fit on the Rocco (MKII) ?
What brands are people using, and do the large tires help with handling
at all?

I see these guys with Rieger kits with huge wheel bases, but I dont
understand what having huge rear tires would do except weigh down the car,
unless there is some substantial handling benefit.

Wondering what the "driving" difference is.

cheers,

-ed

^
* *
* *
* \|/ *
* /|\ *
* * * *

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source