adjusting air/fuel mixture

Ryan, the link that was provided to you was for CIS-E, you have CIS-Lambda and cannot check your DPR current, cause you don't have one!!!

Only thing you can really do is check operation of your frequency valve via a test port, using a Dwell meter (most multimeters do NOT have Dwell function).  Usually near the rain tray/coil there is a small, 2 prong white connector with nothing hooked to it...thats your Lambda system test port.

And, changing that screw really only affects your idle mixture.  On CIS, there is no real way to change overall mixture, except via changing your fuel pressure (different warm up regulator, unhooking your O2 sensor, etc).

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg