Mk1 window rubber - NEW SOURCE!!!

I got an email the other day from the pres. of Vintage Rubber in
Southern California.  They just started making front and rear window
gaskets for the Mk1 Scirocco.  Here's the description he gave me:

"we make an extruded, then hand molded over a metal jig, then
holt-spliced molded, "CAL-STYLE" (no groove for the metal trim) fine
seal"

Not quite sure what he means by all that, but sounds good anyways!  :)

He also mentioned that they are probably going to start making other
rubber (the side window scrapers are next), so start bugging these guys,
and hopefully they'll start making them all...  There aren't many
companies making stuff for the Mk1 anymore, so hopefully they'll get
enough business to justify making a complete seal kit...

Contact Randy at SFreeRacer@aol.com for info, and tell him Mark sent
you... :)  They are working on getting a website up.  BTW, he owns an 80
S...

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K