balancing.

--- mr.utility@highstream.net wrote:
> ...that inertia will in fact save you more mpg, at a cost of mph...

Yes there is more energy in a heavier flywheel.  If our engines were constant RPM engines you
MIGHT notice a difference - but they go from 750 - 7000 rpm regularly, and it takes SOOOO much
more energy to do that with a heavier flywheel, I offer that a light flywheel is more economical.
The real-world penalty of a light flywheel is less smoothness and more finesse required when
taking off from a standing start.

Thus spake the Cheapass.

Love and VW's,

=====
Cheapass Ron
 '81 Scirocco S 16 - "Victor Jr." (2.0L 16V, GL 4-speed w/ Quaife, Megasquirt coming...)