A4 opinions welcome

marc_scirocco Qu?bec wrote:
> My preference goes to AWD, leather seats and power windows (Forest
Gump
> syndrome here). More specifically, I am looking at Audi A4s.
> Any experiences, opinions?

The V6 will have more power out of the box, but
the 1.8T has more potential with a chip upgrade.
Depends what you are looking for. I'd go with the
V6 for a daily driver, the 1.8T if I wanted to tinker
to get more performance.  Either way, it's a good
choice.

Watch for weak front control arms (the bushings
tend to wear quickly) and timing belts failing early
(change every 60K miles).

You might want to check out the Audifans web
site (www.audifans.com) and subscribe to their
email list.  They are a friendly, knowledgeable bunch.
I'm sure they'll offer no end of opinions.

Kent
'89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro