Cold weather (revisited)

Okay, so I'm currently working on buying a set of snow tires. Thanks to
everyone who gave their input..

Now, I looked at the weather forecast for the next 5 days and 'lo and
behold, the predicted low on Friday is 5 degrees (fahrenheit!)

I've never been in that cold of weather before so I'm a little bit
in shock. In keeping with the list tradition of 'car fanaticsim first', is
there anything I need to do to my Scirocco to keep it from exploding at
that temperature?

The only thing I can think of right away that could be a problem is the
window washer tank, which is full of water (not special window juice
w/antifreeze) but I can solve that with a trip to the store.

I have about a 55/45 mix of antifreeze and water at the moment, and I'm
running 10w30 dino oil.

One of my e-brake cable sheathings is split, I think. I've never had it
freeze up before, but then I've barely even driven the car in below
freezing conditions before. Is this something I should try to fix
(ie. replace the bad cable-- but don't you have to replace in pairs?) next
time I'm in a place that I can work on my car? Or is the frozen e-brake
thing not very common?

If you're still reading, you caught me. This message was mostly a ploy to
test out my list subscription at my new e-mail address. I just hate those
"test, ignore" messages so I had to add *some* content. But I really did
need to test, since I just set up procmail to do complicated sorting and
I want to make sure I did it right. I hope you'll forgive me.

-Toby