CIS-lambda frequency valve question

I've got a couple of questions about the frequency valve on the
K-jetronic-lambda implementation (what's on the JH engine in Sciroccos)

The frequency valve is controlled by the k-jet control box based on input
from the O2 (lambda) sensor which indicates rich or lean running.  By
increasing the duty cycle on the valve the mixture is enriched, by
decreasing the duty cycle the mixture is leaned out.  When the full
throttle switch is closed (JH engine) the control module increases duty
cycle on the vavle to "near" 100% (according to Watson's BOSCH fuel
injection book.

What I want to know is a) is the voltage to the frequency valve 12V or 5V,
and b) will the valve operate reliably for short periods when a constant
voltage (ie 12V or 5V) is applied, rather than a fluctuating voltage as
applied by the K-Jet box.

I'm looking for full throttle enrichment for my winter beater (87 Jetta,)
which is running stock CIS (ie no lambda.) If I use a stock JH fuel
distributor, and wire the full throttle switch to supply 12V (or 5V) to
the frequency valve, then I should (in theory) get full throttle
enrichment, without having to worry about wriing in the K-jet control box
and O2 sensor (which I have less than zero desire to do.)

Any (pertinent!) information would be appreciated... :)

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |