16V head-combustion chamber volume?

This is very interesting, as what I'm trying to sort out is if it's
possible to build a 1.6 16V by installing a 16V head on a 1.6TD block
(hydraulic, of course.)  Because the diesel combustion chamber is
essentially the inserts plus a little bit of head gasket space, the
pistons actually stick up above the deck by up to 1mm.

If it could be done without shaving the piston tops, then it should be
possible to build a funky little 16V for dirt cheap.  The under square
motor would be quite fuel efficient, if not as willing to rev as the 1.8
version.

Now, the real kicker is do those 4 valves fit into a 76,5mm cylinder top?
:)  I have this feeling that may be a bit tight.

Drew