ASF and ACN transmission codes

Over and above ETKA, my experience has been that they're in 84 model year,
Jetta, Rabbit, gas OR diesel - this is the 4+E gearbox - most shifter
balls actually had an E on the pattern in place of a 5 (at least on the
Jettas anyways.)  I've never actually seen one in anything other than an
84, and mainly Jettas at that, but I try to avoid Westmoreland products
when I can, so I don't have a lot of exposure to US-built Rabbits.

They are a nice gearbox for mix of spirited driving and highway cruising,
especially if you have more power than stock.

Drew