Air compressors ROCK!

As long as you drain the tank on a regular basis you will be OK - however
you can't drain moisture off the tank when it's frozen.  Moisture in lines
and tools will freeze, which causes tools (and safety valevs etc.) to not
function.  If you don't have a heated shop, drain the tank whenever you
get a thaw, and consider an in-line oiler to protect your tools.

Drew