(ot) car length poll

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 06:28:32PM -0400, Kent McLean wrote:

> OK, can we get back to talking Sciroccos?
> I'm thinking of buying one. Which is better,
> the 8V or the 16V?

That depends.  To drive or to maintain?  The 16v is a blast, but having
owned both,  a lot of common parts for the 16v cost 50 to 100% more than
the same parts for an 8v. For instance, the cat converter, distributor,
plug wires, and all brake parts cost me considerably more on the 16v.

Whatever you choose, make sure the frame isn't cracked.  A lot of these
guys have a high mileage, and it's not uncommon for cracks to form in the
control arm mounts where they join the main body, and in the front
crossmember either at the outer corners or where the front engine mount
is.

Dan

--
Save the whales.  Collect the whole set.