fuel Tank recall was: 11 deg advance (fuel leaks)

sure is...

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/62/87620408.html

It's the only item under safety recalls.  Your local dealer will replace the
gas tank free of charge.  HOWEVER, you may have to fight to get it approved.
Some dealers will claim the recall does not exist.  I would print out the
details and show it to them.  Call VW usa if the dealer is difficult, do not
take no for an answer.

good luck,
Matt
87 16v