Julie's weekend work

The bottom end was built by Chris (deadbolt@mindspring.com) and was powder
coated both gray and red for the accessories.

The head came from an old 1.8L 16v has been fully rebuilt. Valve guides,
seals etc.

Altogether with gaskets, bolts and doodads? I spent in the ball park of
1200$. A lot more than I wanted, but I have a brandy new engine to break in.
Never done that before either  :)

The only parts to swap were the intake and a few support brackets. Those
were wire wheeled or sand blasted then painted with hi-temp engine paint.

Did I spend too much? Ahhhyup. And now I have an engine worth over twice
what I paid for the car  :)

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer