Charging problem

No, do not do this at all...  Sorry to trump you on this, but do not do this,
it will kill the ECU with the spark (ie spike) that trys to follow the battery
lead as you pull it away...  A customer did this recently on his 93 Corrado,
and it killed the brain in the speedo-cluster...  An expensive mistake...  I
realize that the car in question may actually be carbed, but any car with any
type of ECU at all will not respond well to this sort of test...

HTH

David