Has this ever happened to you?

That's the little brown wire, right?

IIRC, and that's a big IF, the wire goes straight up behind a panel on the outboard side (dunno if
you lost it on driver's or passenger's side).  So if driver's, check upwards from the fuse box and
see if you can find where it drops back down toward the switch.  A bugger, I know, someone hacked
into my old Cabby's wiring to install an alarm.  SOB's used some color code that I couldn't make
heads nor tails of until I just decided to pull it.  After a few hours and cut hands, I finally
figured it out and got it all together real nice-like.

With the fact that I'm no more than 50% sure, you're probably just as well off guessing and
cussing some more.

HTH anyway :)

Ron