From: "Jeff Toomasson"
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 6:41 PM
Subject: Need Help! Cabby won't go - has very weird noise

> OK - this one came way out of left field. I had just got done taking out
the front A-arm bolt to verify it's size, put it back and was going to go to
the FLAPS.

> But I started it, put it into gear, and tried to go. As Iet off the
clutch, I got MAJOR lapping-like grinding noise like something in the tranny
had gone majorly wrong. When I drove it last Sunday there was _no_
indication of this and it hasn't been driven since. WTF?!

> The A-arm came out a bit and I had to jack up the car to get it back in
place. Could I have pulled the CV joint apart? The outer didn't look bad
though I didn't think to pay that close attention...