Cathy's Track Day - Pics

There were a lot of Stupidroos out there.  In the expert class there
were some pretty fast ones, but in the novice class I was driving in
they weren't too impressive.  I was much quicker through the twisty
bits, and surprisingly, they weren't that much faster than me on the
straights...  By the end of each 25 minute session I pretty much lapped
the field.  I was a bit pissed at a STI driver - he was fast as hell on
the straights, but by the middle of the course I had caught up to him.
The prick didn't want to let me by though...  I think Sara heard me
mumble something like "that guy doesn't deserve to drive that car..." as
I was swarming all over his ass...  :)  Anyone who can't keep a 300+ hp
AWD car in front of a slightly warmed over rusted out Scirocco is doing
something terribly wrong...

Had I been lapping with the more experienced drivers I probably would
have been one of the slower cars out there though...

There was one sick Subaru there though - Canadian Rally Champ Tom McGeer
was there with his car giving people rides around the track (mostly
sideways!).  I saw several nice AWD power slides...

There was an old RX3 there with (I think) a worked rotary.  The thing
sounded like it was revving to 20,000 rpms.  I don't think the driver
was too good though - it sounded a lot faster than he drove it...

Can't wait for the spring - I'd love to participate in the Solo 1 series
here in Ontario, but damn, that gets expensive real fast.  Tires and
entry fees aren't cheap...  A lapping day here and there is enough to
keep me smiling for now though...

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K