(no subject)

Greetings all!

  I have been online now for some time (prolly a year), and I have been slow
to post because of email difficulties (don't ask).  That, and of course you
all are the most prolific list I have ever seen!  I feel now is finally the
time that I need to introduce myself to you all...

  My name is David Utley, I am 33, and I work at Cable VW in Oklahoma City,
OK, in the parts dept...  I have been involved in VWs for the last dozen
years, owning at first an 84 GTi, then a 74 Beetle, then a 77 Westy, and then
an 83 GTi, a 78, and then an 81 Scirocco (which are being cobbled into one
good car), and an 87 16V Scirocco...  I introduce myself to you all now
because within the next 3 months, I will begin to restore the 81 Scirocco...
I will have the engine that I have ALWAYS wanted to put in a 'roc, a G60
complete with under 90K miles...  I will put a 3A S/B under it instead (2.0,
w/ forged crank and oil squirters)...  I am excited to begin this project,
after many years of masterbatory thought about building the ultimate (in my
mind's eye) Old School Modified 'Dub...  Many of the parts on the 16V 'Roc
will be parted to go to the 'Roc project, and of course many parts will be
left after I put the two cars together. so eventually I will have parts to
sell...  I also am presently parting a 94 VR6 Passat if there are any needs,
feel free to contact me...

   I have spoken to many of you over the years through other lists, or on
Vortex or at shows...  *Chris DeLong, are you out there?*  Please send me your
contact info again, computer crashes are a terrible thing...  Some of you may
have seen me on Vortex, under the screen name 'fahrvegnugen', although I have
had more posts in the Golf I forum than the 'Roc forum...  Others may just
recognize the name (no, I am not related to the football player from the
Detroit Lions...  :-))...

  I look forward to being more of a part of this list than I have in the
past...  :-)

Cheers,

David