  From: Dave Ewing
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 8:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [TECH] 3a dyno in and I am disappointed,sorta...

  Yeah I've seen that in the catalogs also but you also have to remember that
  that car was STRIPPED and lightened to the max (not to the extent they went
  with the Altima), and had slicks.  I wouldn't necessarily say that they
  threw a motor in a Rabbit and it pulled high 12s the times reflect how light
  the car was not necessarily how powerful the motor was.  I would say that
  gearing and motor were probably equally responsible for the times, right
  behind the weight of the car.

  TT does good work and they have a huge waiting list for Colin to port heads.
  All I'm trying to say is that he probably could of pulled 10s with a 16v.

  LOL

  Dave