Knock Sensor Conversion - Re: [TECH] 3a dyno in and Iamdisappointed, sorta...

you can use tha BA Adfistributor for the ABA engine, and why not?
I am using the 3a Distributor for my 3a/jh hybrid without a problem..

Mark <mardak@cogeco.ca> wrote:
You can't use the ABA distributor. IMHO the best solution is to buy a
new distributor from Techtonics especially for this swap. I went this
route and don't regret it one bit...

Mark.
80 S
81 S ABA/JH/4K

JH
> head and plan on converting to KS ignition. I purchased the conversion
> parts
> for plugging the extra holes in the block and the distributor gear
from
> TT,
> but have not bought the KS parts yet. I have looked around the web
> including
> the DriversFound site, but I am not totally clear on all the parts I
need:

> CIS-E distributor
> Knock Senor
> KS Control Unit
> Wiring
> TB Switch
>
> I think I keep my old CIS control box, but not sure.
> Any other sources on this subject?
> Thanks,
> Rob

Ground
> the
> > > other side of the relay coil. Now take the two wires that used to
go
> > the
> > > old WOT switch and connect them to the two contacts on the relay
that
> are
> > > shorted when the relay is activated.
> > > shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to rig this up for a quick
> test.
> > > Or better yet, just take the two wires that used to go to the old
WOT
> > > switch. Short them together. With the engine idling the idle
should
> > improve
> > > slightly when they are shorted. Anyway, short them together and go
for
> > > test drive and see if the engine has more power.
> > > If that works rig up the relay.
> > > LMK
> > > Dan

and