[TECH] 3a dyno in and I am disappointed, sorta...

DAN / POTTER MAN !!!THANK YOU!!! I will do that tonight when I get back from work and tell y'all how it goes. Go spare heads not a problem.. will save cash and get head work done. I think I will just go full blow race setup so that I dont waste tyime with stage 1-2 and just get power. Yep I was impressed with the torque myself, and though low HP levels (in my eyes) the power band was nicely spread. :) gotta love the 8v for that. Now to find a nice Zex NOS setup for it.

ERIC, you where able to hang with me up to 90 because I was running a 1-7/8 exhaust that leaked, and the car was definatly as tuned as it was now (and that is my excuse and I am sticking to it AHAHAHAH) but if you want to try to stick with me next June, we can try to find that GSR again and I'll spank both of you at the same time then, and just get it out of my system already... (NOS... Vrrrrrooom... Gone.. bue bye.!)

<surgeon general warning> cash inflow and way too much time at home and work, spending way too much time gawking at power throbbing (grin) mechanical devices.

I even considered a Supercharger someone is selling on vortex,Jusltron, Milstrom something like that (was a while back and worth 2400$ so I never seriously considred it before)

Eric S <scirocco81@vwmail.net> wrote:

This explains why my JH was able to sort of hang with your car Patrick(till about, what, 90?). Only mod on mine is a Kent 278 Cam...and I didn't realize many gains from it. Heed the advise that has been given, port and polish that head and it should come alive, as well as Dan said, get your WOT fuel enrichment fixed. The fuel enrichment alone should be a nice easy fix for some HP you missing (as Dan has already said).

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg

--- "ATS - Patrick Bureau" wrote:
alright after all my work here is the results I got for my 8v....

Best run 97.9HP @ 5200 RPM with 118.9 ft torque @ 3100 RPM, dwell set at 60'
and timing at 14' idle, 28' @ 3000 rpm.
Worst paladin7run 93.9HP @5200 RPM with 116.3FT torque @ 2800 RPM, dwell set
at 45' and timing at 8' idle, 23' @ 3000 rpm.

Now I will list my mods to the engine so we can compare apples with apples
and maybe someone can post me their setup and I can figure out where I am
loosing/needing to concentrate my next series of mods/effort to gain more
out of this 8v.

3a block, oem specs pistons, rebuild 7K miles ago
JH head with no mods on it
4-2 manifold, 2-3 eurosport downpipe, to high-flow cat to 2" eurosport cat
back.
G grind Cam
8lbs flywheel
scirocco 16v knock sensor and box (cis-lambda + knock)
16v air box intake
OEM scirocco 85 fuel delivery pump and injectors.

Things to consider;

JH engine = 75HP(NET) @ 5500 RPM with 100 ft Torque @ 3000 RPM
3a engine = 108 (NET) @ 5300 RPM with 121 ft Torque @ 3200 RPM

dyno link ->

So basically I am in between them two engines... any thoughts ? and if you
have a dyno image I would like to have them please...(with mods) so I know
where to seek improvements