buying car in another state - hows it *supposed to* work

Proper Way: If you have insurance on a car already, that is all the
insurance you will need. My State Farm covers any new car I buy for 5
days including collision, and liability for up to 10 day. Just go get
transit tags in NY and drive it back with them.

Improper way, put an out of state plate car that you also have the
registration for and go. It helps to carry the title and a dated bill
of sale to prove that you *JUST* got the car.

-Marc

'81 Gorgeous Green Mk1 Scirocco - Unknown Mileage - No pictures to
date
'87 Tornado Red 16v Bogged Scirocco http://getty.net/scirocco/ RIP -
Sold
'02 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe -
http://getty.net/c230k/
    in Heliodongr?n (Citron Green) took European Delivery in May 2002,

    state-side delivery on July 19, 2002, currently at 41,200 miles