(Semi OT) Building a car from scratch.

If you like being a voyeur at Allyn's site, try this one.

     www.ammoman.com/chevy/             This guy is building a hot rod from
scratch.  It may or may not give you some ideas for your own projects but
it is a fascinating site. He gives plenty of commentary and provides lots
of pictures along the way, even showing the things he did one way and had
to, or chose to, change later.  He has "rules" for building a proper 50's
type hot rod. Does all this in a one car detached garage.

- Not your average shade tree mechanic. This guy really has a lot of skills

- He has a lot of knowledge

- He has to be the world's absolute best scrounger. He gets a lot of stuff
free from people, swaps stuff, parts out what he wants and sells the rest
on eBay. He could teach the Grassroots Motorsports 2003 [etc.]
Challengers  a few lessons. Some lady even gave him a Volvo 960!.  (He must
have a look on his face that says would you like to give me something to
help on my hotrod project?)  This site is worth reading just for the
scrounging tales.

- Many humorous page titles, etc.

- He has had to buy a few parts through retail sources, but his eBay sales
have covered a lot of that.

Oh, some guy really got under his skin, so he set up a Password to get
past  p 98.  email the guy for the password. (or email me)

Chris