From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Calimus
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:06 PM
To: Scirocco ML
Subject: Gas milage query and part info questions

Hi all,

	First off, I have a question for all the 16v'ers as to what kind of gas
milage you all are getting and if known at what dpr settings (ma
reading).  I currently have my dpr set to flux between 5.25 ~ 7.50 and
I'm averaging 27/29 with mixed city/highway and about 31/32 with
straight highway while loaded down (2 passengers and luggage for all 3
of us).  I'm just wanting to see if someone is squeezing more outta
these engines and if so, how are you doing it?

	Secondly, I'm doing a engine swap from my wifes old 89 cabby to a new
89 cabby and I would really love to get rid of the toilet bowl exhaust
system.  However, I'm on a mega budget due to impending job loss so TT
systems are out of the question.  Is there another 8v engine out there
that uses a better system that will also work on a JH 8v and if so, what
cars and what years are they found?

Thanks,
William
--
88' Scirocco 16v (Crabby 16v)
89' Cabriolet 8v (dead bunneh) RIP 8/25/03

http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)

---