Grrr (cold weather starting probs)

--- treed2@wsu.edu wrote:
> Just when I thought I hated VW's cooling systems more
> than VW's
> electrical...
>
> I was gonna go for a quick spin in the snow to check
> drivability before
> leaving on my long trip.. so I cleared several inches of
> snow off the
> roof, hood and windows and climbed inside. I turned the
> key to start the
> engine and it didn't turn over.
>
> Well, it made a wuh-wuh-wuh-wuh sound that was very
> uncharacteristic of
> it... but it didn't noticably "spin". The dash lights
> dimmed a small
> amount and the tach wigged out just a little (like 100
> rpm, once or
> twice).

When was your battery last replaced?  I'm guessing it may
be dead.  My 16v is doing this when I haven't driven it in
a couple days, and this is when the temps are still in the
50s.  Just a couple more days to get through, then winter
storage. *sigh*

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '90 Passat Wagon, '82 Scirocco.
"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."  Livy.