SCIROCCO.ORG SPEAK UP!!

OK everybody, I will need some participation from everyone on the
mailing list with a first generation Scirocco.  I am looking at having
the front seat guide clips reproduced and possibly redesigned to hold up
longer.  If you don't know what I am talking about it is the two little
plastic clips that go in the front center seat channel on the floor.
These clips keep your seat from rattling and allow a nice smooth gliding
action forward and back.  These are no longer made by Volkswagen and no
one else has reproduced them yet.  Just about every Mark 1 Scirocco from
1976 - 1981 out there is missing them or they are worn out.  I will be
running these as a kit which will include all guides for one seat ( 2
front clips and 2 rear rail bushings).

The mold will cost around $1000.00 and then the plastic injection on top
of that.  I am asking all Mark 1 Scirocco.org members to help me by
letting me know if they would be interested in buying these kits to
cover the cost of an itial run.  The more members that say yes I want X
number of sets the sooner I can decide to get them done.  The kits will
run somewhere around $15 to $25 depending on how many people will buy
them.  If I can get some larger companies to stock them the prices will
drop considerably.  The inital run is the crutial part of this and as a
Mark 1 owner I know what a pain it is to have a seat that won't adjust
or rattles all the time!

Thanks everybody and let me know asap.

Chris Edwards
81 Scirocco JH