Speaker advice needed...

OK, so I'm looking to replace all my speakers.  The rear ones sound ok, but when turned up with bass... horrible.  And the front ones seem to give no bass what-so-ever.  I know the P.O. put in some 4x6 Pyle Drivers in the back, but am not sure if he changed the front ones.  I asked last week on teh list and was told that the stock front speakers are 2x3, euro/metric size(?).  I've been looking online and can't find anything in a 2x3 (euro, metric, or otherwise).  Where can I find them that size or what can I fit in the door panels without changing the plastic grill that goes over them?  Also, what's the consensus on brands?  It's been a long time since I've looked into these things and would like some input.  Heck, I just removed the stock stereo last summer!  As far as the back, I'd like to keep the 4x6 size as I don't want to cut or change anything.  Also, I've acquired an amp and a couple of 12" Xplods(?) [all free!], so bass isn't really that much of an issue, speaker wise.  And,
 to give you an idea of what will be played through them (which may affect the choice of speakers):  Rock (old and new), Techno, and talk radio (well, Don and Mike).  I'm not really into the hip-hop/rap scene, so although I want my bass to sound decent, I have no desire to let the whole neighborhood listen in.

Thanks,
Mike
'86 red 16v

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source