big KLUNK!

IMHO, the best way to deal with this problem is to replace the exhaust
hanger supporting the downpipe with one of those "chain" hangers that
doesn't stretch or break. Then your exhaust should sit nice and high up
off of the swaybar.

-Toby

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Patrick Bureau wrote:

> downpipe rattle on a the sway bar, I used to have that sound all day lo=
ng, until I put some header heat wraps on it.. :)

> Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sometimes, whilst driving, if I have it in gear and am at low RPMs, if =
I give it gas hard, there's a big klunk sound. Like someone's hitting the=
 engine with a sledge. Also happens sometimes with starting from a stop i=
n first. What is this?

> Mike
> '86 red 16v
>

> word (w=FBrd)
> interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to s=
omething. Sometimes used with up. Source