Semi OT(non Roc-but VW) Wheel bearing looseness

Green lock tight... :) tightenb it, let teh green lock tight sip into the threads.. it aint going to come out.

this kind of issue can cause some premature (uneven) wera on the bearings, but more than likely it shoudl be alright.

"John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:
I replaced my sister's wheel bearing this summer and a short time later the
bolt
loosened up. I tightened it up and it quieted down. Also found that the
torque
required on these newer models is much higher than our old Rocs. So I torqued
it right this time. Now it loosened up again and I tightened it again, but
I should
get a new nut for it since that is probably why it is loosening up.
So, the question here is what damage has been done to the wheel bearing, if
any?
Should I just go ahead and replace it, and the nut now or wait until it
starts to
fail(thereby letting her get some more mileage out of the bearing)?

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic- 4 speed . Up on large sawhorses
waiting for work to begin.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe - Just waiting for the snow to fly and lakes to freeze.