A1 problems (Topless bunny)

Hey,
(1.7L CIS-lambda, 2.0L 8v)
(Metering plate sticky is at least one of the problems)
Here is a log of the problems that the bunny has been having.
- Cold start idle very low
- Hot idle varies but most of the time is 1500
- AC kickup works and is used in the am to keep it running.
- bad hesitation esp going up hill
- hesitation getting worse
- noisy fuel pump

stuff checked/replaced
Fuel filter by fuel dizzy.
Fuel pressure control (cold and hot) a bit low 40ish
Fuel pressure maintain -- good no leakdown
Fuel pressure system a bit low 58-62 ish (psi)

pulled hose off gas tank.. (no xfer pump) dribbled gas.
shot air up into tank thru hose.. got lots of gas.. dawned on me later
that i had the cap on and pressurized the tank.. whoops.
ran good for about 1/2 a day
running like crap again
check fuel pressures again.. same.
began to notice that I had to feather the throttle like too much air not
enough gas. did this only under load.

Started hesitating today under no load condition
removed sender unit, pulled filter out, cleaned it. some junk not bad.
blew out drain pipe, sprayed fuel all over the place.. whoops. clean up
aisle one.
put back together still running like crap.
everything says check fuel dizzy plunger.
take off fuel dizzy, check plunger its fine.

The point of the story.
Now off to check the metering plate.
Turns out that the plate is sticking.
so if your car is hesitating bad, and the rev;s are slow to back down
check the plate without the fuel dizzy. It might just be stuck.

Brian
88 16v $2004 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car? mid engine... maybe we'll see
82 0v Black 16v kit --parts
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.