balancing.

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, David Utley wrote:

> Well, I do intend to respond to each comment, but time is precious now, and
> this note is a bit, er, off, IMHO...  More responses as time permits...
>

> Yes, however, that 4 lbs, which in actuality, someone correct me if I am
> wrong, but the diff. Between stock and lightened flywheel is more like 15
> lbs, isn't it?  (23-8.5lbs)...  Anyways, there is a calculation that I have

Nope; stock is ~11-12.5 lbs, lightened is ~8-8.5 lbs. I'm absolutely sure
the difference is that small (~3-4 lbs), having weighed them 'before and
after' when I installed my lightened flywheel. I didn't bother to write
down the exact results since the scale I used was not super-accurate and
the numbers were what I expected anyway.

You're thinking of the vr6 flywheel (228mm), which is an awful 22 or
23-something lbs.

-Toby

You want to hear it from someone other than me? See the right hand column
of: http://www.europeancarweb.com/projectcars/0204ec_projgti/

"Velocity Tuning pared and balanced the stock flywheel from 12.4 to 8.7
lb."