1.8 JH swap....bit more power...still sucks

> >>As far as the clutch, I would think a 190mm clutch would work
> >>fine with a
> >>stock JH or even one with some mild mods.
>
> my thoughts too.....i'm thinking they got some oil on it or something like
> that.
> If it is oil..or some other sort of fluid.....will that ever stop slipping
> or am I just screwed there?

Normally, I'd say you were screwed, but.....

There is a visious rumor that some people have tried pouring Purple Power on
slipping clutches to clean off the oil/grease. I'd guess you have to water
it down pretty good after that to remove the Purple Power. Course if you
have a real leak then it'll only be a temp fix.

Not sure the methodology about applying Purple Power (pour a gallon into the
bellhousing and slip the clutch violently then rinse??), but maybe some
perpetrators will chime in!

As far as your engine issues, you officially have me stumped.
Dan