hydro lifters and cam info

So the lifter rotates in the bore.

Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Wagner
To: Dan Bubb ; L F ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: hydro lifters and cam info

Dan get as pissy as you want, in a V-type engine the lifter rides on the heel of the cam. On the the VW OHC mechanical lifter engine the heel of the cam does not ride on the lifter.

I'm not sure I understand the point you're making here. On a VW hydraulic lifter engine the heel of the cam does ride on the lifter due to the hydraulic pressure, but I don't understand why that matters. It's still a lifter.

Question of the day.

1) Is the base of a V-type engine lifter flat or not?

Let me guess....It's spherical.

2) Is the face of the cam lobe on a V-type engine ground at an angle?

Must be since you mention it!

So, the third question of the day is why is it ground at an angle?

Brian

Dan Bubb wrote:
Gee, I hate to be pissy this morning, but if the cams aren't pushing on
lifters in our cars then what exactly is that called and how is it different
from a lifter???
Dan